The mission of the Kershaw County Register of Deeds Office is to provide for the recordation, maintenance and availability of county records dealing with real and personal property. We are committed to providing courteous, efficient and professional service to the citizens.
The duties of the Register of Deeds are set out by the South Carolina Code of Laws. The Register of Deeds services for Kershaw County include providing and maintaining land records dating back to 1791. To view our records from 1791 - 1995 you must come into the Register of Deeds Office.
The governing body of Kershaw County appoints the Register of Deeds.
DEED INDEXES (GRANTOR/GRANTEE 1965-1990
MORTGAGE INDEXES (MORTGAGOR/MORTGAGEE) 1953-1990
Online Land Records (1990-CURRENT)
Our online records are as follows:
LAND - INDEXES - DECEMBER 1990 THRU CURRENT
IMAGES - JANUARY 1996 THRU CURRENT
PLATS - INDEXES - DECEMBER 1990 THRU CURRENT
IMAGES - OCTOBER 30, 2007 THRU CURRENT OR
IMAGES - PLAT BOOK C27 PAGE 1 THRU C200 PAGE 10-B
IMAGES - PLAT BOOK D1 THRU CURRENT
SPECIALS - TAX LIENS - INDEXES - JULY 1994 THRU CURRENT
IMAGES - 2003 THRU CURRENT
UCC'S - INDEXES - JULY 1994 THRU CURRENT
IMAGES - NONE
The Register of Deeds Does:
- File, index and record deeds, mortgages, plats, state and federal tax liens, uniform commercial codes, mechanic’s liens and other miscellaneous documents pertaining to real property.
- Collect state mandated recording fees on all documents.PROPERTY RECORDS RECORDING FEES
- Assist the general public in obtaining copies of deeds, mortgages, plats, tax liens, uniform commercial codes or other recorded documents at the rate of $0.50 per page.
- Provide certified true copies of recorded documents at the rate of $1.00 per document plus copy charge.
- Offer onsite information and instructions on how to use computers, copy machines, record books and microfilm.
- Give very limited information over telephone.
- Provide access to other county offices via networked computers (use with limited office assistance).
- Provides South Carolina Archives a microfilmed duplicate of all records for security as required by law.
The Register of Deeds Does Not:
- Perform title searches or extensive record or lien searches.
- Give legal advice, refer or make legal recommendations of any kind.
- Prepare deeds or execute legal documents. (Witness or notarize documents)
- Report information to credit bureaus or other agencies.
- Check taxes, Clerk of Court records, delinquent taxes, Probate Court records or any other office’s records in county.
|McLeod, Billie||Register of Deeds||Register of Deeds||(803) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Reeder, Dana B.||Deputy Register of Deeds||Register of Deeds||(803) 425-7235 ext. email@example.com|
|Robinson, Robin||Clerk II||Register of Deeds||(803) 425-7235 ext. firstname.lastname@example.org|