- Visitation is scheduled by appointment only. Visitors must call the
Detention Center at (803) 425-1516 option #2 Monday through Friday between
the hours of 10:00 am – 12:00noon to schedule an appointment for a Saturday
and/or Sunday visit.
- Visitors are allowed to schedule two (2) thirty minute visitation time
slots per weekend. A list of available time slots for the inmate’s assigned
housing until will be available and visitors have the opportunity to select
the time that best suits their schedule. Visitors are required to repeat
this procedure to schedule an appointment each week.
- Three visitors (to include small children) may visit during a
visitation session. Children under the age of 17 must be accompanied by an
- Visitors are asked to dress appropriately. Shoes and shirts must be
worn at all times. Suggestive clothing, see through garments and short
shorts are not appropriate attire for visitation.
- If you are 17 years of age, you must have a picture I.D.
- You must arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled visitation time to
ensure that you are able to visit for the full 30 minutes.
- Please notify the Detention Center as soon as possible if you are not
able to keep your visitation appointment.
- Attorney visitation may be conducted privately in the attorney
- Out of state visitors who present out of state picture I.D. may be
granted a special visit if space is available.
When are bond hearings?
Bond Hearings for all Magistrate and Municipal violations are held at the
Detention Center twice a day as follows:
*Camden City Judges *
Sunday – Saturday
7:30 am – 8:00 am
and 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm
You may contact the Detention Center at (803) 425-1516 option #1 for
additional information regarding bond hearings.
Can I volunteer for services at the detention center?
Religious / Volunteer Services The Kershaw County Detention Center provides a variety of programs and services to its inmate population with the help of community volunteers throughout Kershaw County. Available programs and services include: religious services, alcohol / drug education, adult education, narcotics and alcohol anonymous, library services, and life skills programs.
The Detention Center is always seeking volunteers to enhance its inmate programs and services. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please contact the Lieutenant of Administration at (803) 425-1516 option #7. Volunteer Application Form
Are there any employment opportunities at the Kershaw County Detention Center?
Employment Kershaw County Detention Center has a continuous postingfor employment opportunities for individuals interested in becoming Correctional Officers:
- Group Health & Dental Insurance - Group Life Insurance - Worker’s Compensation Insurance - SC Police Officer’s Retirement - SC Deferred Compensation - Paid Annual & Sick Leave - Job Related Training Programs/Opportunities - Promotional Job Opportunities
- High School Diploma/GED - Must be at least 21 years of age - Must have a valid SC Drivers License - Corrections experience is helpful, but not necessary
How can I put money in an inmate account?
You can deposit funds using cash or a bank issued debit or credit card through the lobby kiosk, or online at www.JailPackStore.com. Money orders must be drawn off of the U.S. Postal Service and are only accepted through the mail.