Visitation is scheduled by appointment only. Visitors must call the
Detention Center at (803) 425-1516 option #2 Monday through Friday between
the hours of 10:00 am – 12:00 pm to schedule an appointment for a Saturday
and/or Sunday visit.
All adult visitors must have a valid state/government issued picture identification.
Nothing is allowed in the visitation area, i.e., phones, purses, pictures, infant car seats, diaper bags, etc.
All visitors must wear proper attire including shoes.
Are there any employment opportunities at the Kershaw County Detention Center?
Kershaw County Detention Center has a continuous posting for employment
opportunities for individuals interested in becoming Correctional Officers:
- Group Health & Dental Insurance
- Group Life Insurance
- Worker’s Compensation Insurance
- SC Police Officer’s Retirement
- SC Deferred Compensation
- Paid Annual & Sick Leave
- Job Related Training Programs/Opportunities
- Promotional Job Opportunities
- High School Diploma/GED
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have a valid SC Drivers License
- Corrections experience is helpful, but not necessary
How can I put money in an inmate account?
You can deposit funds using cash or a bank issued debit or credit card through the lobby kiosk, or online at www.JailPackStore.com. Money orders must be drawn off of the U.S. Postal Service and are only accepted through the mail.