The Kershaw County Airport at Woodward Field originated in 1929 when area philanthropist and equestrian Ernest Woodward donated 160 acres of land Northeast of Camden for an airport. From 1941 through 1944, the airport was home to The Southern Aviation School, a primary pilot training school for British and American pilots operated by the Army Air Corp. Robert K. Morgan, pilot of the Memphis Belle B-17 aircraft, had his primary training at Woodward Field. Today the airport, serves the citizens and businesses of Kershaw County and surrounding areas. It plays a key role in the continued economic prosperity of the local community.
The airport features two aviation related business: Camden Jet Center and Aircraft Maintenance Services. Camden Jet Center, a full service FBO, offers Jet A and 100LL aircraft fuel, community hangar storage, a flight school, chartering, conference room, courtesy and rental automobiles, and catering. Aircraft Maintenance Services is an award winning maintenance facility catering to everything from the smaller recreational aircraft to the larger turboprops and business jets.
The airport, which features a 5000’ lighted runway and a 2998’ crosswind runway, is conveniently located just 4 miles from downtown Camden, 10 minutes from Interstate 20 and just over a half hour from Columbia, South Carolina.
Camden Jet Center
Aircraft Maintenance Services