Click Here for the Application for Employment.
Applications MUST be submitted in order to be considered for any job vacancy (see vacancies below). You may also attach a resume to the application if you have one. A new application must be submitted for each individual job applied for.
Submit applications to:
Attn: Human Resources
515 Walnut Street
Camden, SC 29020
You may also apply at our Local SC DEW office and note the vacancy is in
Camden, Kershaw County.
For questions please contact the Human Resources Department.
It is the policy of Kershaw County to recruit, hire, train, and promote employees on the basis of qualifications and without discrimination because of race, religion, color, political affiliation, physical disability, national origin, sex, age, or familial status.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Public Works Laborer
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:20,793
- Posted Date:12/11/2017
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday 7:00AM until 3:30PM (May be required to respond to emergency calls after hours
Location: Kershaw County Public Works Department, Cassatt, SC
Summary: Under regular supervision, perform routine maintenance and other tasks involving manual labor to assist in maintaining County roads, right-of-ways, facilities, and drainage systems.
Qualifications: Requires a High School diploma or equivalent combination of training and experience. Required to have and maintain a clear background check, a good driving record and a valid SC driver’s license. Must pass drug screening and be dependable and prompt.
Essential duties: Essential duties shall include, but will not be limited to, the following:
· Perform various tasks related to the installation / repair/ cleaning of drainage pipe, ditches, and basins; cutting vegetation and removal of debris in County rights-of-way; patching of asphalt roadways; installation of signs; raking and leveling driveway aprons; pick-up/transport supplies and equipment; etc.
· As necessary, operate and utilize various types of equipment and tools, such as, tractors with bushhog or boom-arm cutters attachments, vibratory plate and rammer compactors, vibratory roller, light-duty trucks, power augers, chain saws, various hand tools, etc.
· Assist in cleaning and maintenance of County equipment.
· Maintain a daily log of work orders/tasks performed and completed.
· As needed, assist other County Departments such as Solid Waste, Utilities (Sewer), Recreation, Building Maintenance, Administration, etc. Typical duties may include assisting with recycling center operations, landfill maintenance, clearing / maintaining sewer rights-of-way, landscaping, etc.
· Perform all other related duties, as assigned.
Required Physical Skills: Must be able to perform manual labor, to include but not limited to the following:
· Able to lift and carry up to 75 pounds.
· Able to stand, walk, bend, stoop, and sit for extended periods.
· Able to work indoors and outdoors in varying weather conditions.
· Able to use mechanical tools and equipment in completion of daily tasks.
Responsibilities: It will be the responsibility of the employee to support the County to:
· Provide quality service to the residents of Kershaw County.
· Present a positive image to the community.
· Maintain positive and productive work relationships with all personnel.
· Conform with all applicable safety rules and regulations.
Kershaw County Government Employment Applications are only accepted for positions that are posted. Employment Applications should ONLY be submitted within the posting dates and must be submitted by 5:00 pm on the closing date. Applications should ONLY be submitted to:
Any branch of the SC Department of Employment and Workforce
Attn: Job Applications
Kershaw County Government Center
515 Walnut Street
Camden, SC 29020
Kershaw County Government is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Kershaw County Government to recruit, hire, train, and promote employees on the basis of qualifications and without discrimination because of race, religion, color, political affiliation, physical disability, national origin, sex, age, or familial status. Kershaw County Government is a Drug-Free Workplace.
*****Calls for status updates on applications or if it has been received are unable to be given due to the volume of applications received in this office.****