Click Here for the Application for Employment.
Applications MUST be submitted in order to be considered for any job vacancy (see vacancies below). You may also attach a resume to the application if you have one. A new application must be submitted for each individual job applied for.
Submit applications to:
Attn: Human Resources
515 Walnut Street
Camden, SC 29020
You may also apply at our Local SC DEW office and note the vacancy is in
Camden, Kershaw County.
For questions please contact the Human Resources Department.
It is the policy of Kershaw County to recruit, hire, train, and promote employees on the basis of qualifications and without discrimination because of race, religion, color, political affiliation, physical disability, national origin, sex, age, or familial status.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Solid Waste Heavy Equipment Operator/CDL Driver
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$12.51 / Hour
- Posted Date:05/10/2019
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday 7:00AM until 3:30PM; Occasional evenings & weekend on an as needed basis. Will be required to work some holidays.
Location: Kershaw County Public Works/Solid Waste Department
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Retirement, Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick Days
Summary: Under regular supervision, candidate will be required to drive a tandem dump, flat-bed, and roll-off container trucks with standard transmission, to haul various materials, transport heavy equipment with 12-ton trailer, and perform other assigned tasks related to the operations of the County’s C&D landfill, two (2) closed municipal landfills, and ten (10) recycling / convenience centers.
Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent plus a combination of training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Must possess a valid SC Class B CDL with trailer endorsement. Must have and maintain a good driving record. Must be dependable and prompt.
Backhoe experience helpful.
Responsibilities: This position has no permanent supervisory. As needed, supervision duties may be assigned by the Solid Waste Supervisor. It will be the responsibility of the employee to support the County to:
· Provide quality service to the residents of Kershaw County. Present a positive image to the community.
· Maintain positive and productive work relationships with all personnel.
· Conform with all applicable safety rules and regulations.
· Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
· Requires standing, walking, bending, stooping, and sitting.
· Ability to work indoors and outdoors in varying weather conditions.
· Must be able to use mechanical tools and equipment in completion of daily tasks.
Essential Duties: Essential duties shall include, but will not be limited to, the following tasks:
· Operate dump, flat-bed, and roll-off container trucks to transport various materials.
· Operate various pieces of equipment required to load materials onto trucks.
· Maintain a daily log of all activities.
Additional duties may include, but will not be limited to:
· Assist in landfill & recycle center operations by removing litter & unauthorized waste, maintain grass cover on two closed municipal landfills, repairing erosion areas, screening loads, and other assigned duties.
· Assist in cleaning and maintaining all recycling centers throughout the County, transporting recyclables, white goods, and tires to landfill or applicable recycling centers.
· Assist in loading tires in vendor’s trailer plus stacking and sorting white goods.
· Assist in cleaning and maintenance of County equipment.
· As needed, assist other County Departments such as Public Works, Utilities (Sewer), Recreation, Building Maintenance, Administration, etc. Typical duties may include assisting with roadway maintenance, clearing / maintaining sewer rights-of-way, landscaping, etc.
Perform all other related duties, as assigned.
Kershaw County Employment Applications are only accepted for positions that are posted. Employment Applications should ONLY be submitted within the posting dates and must be submitted by 5:00 pm on the closing date. Applications should ONLY be submitted to:
Any branch of the SC Department of Employment and Workforce
Office of Human Resources
Kershaw County Government Center
515 Walnut Street
Camden, SC 29020
Kershaw County Government is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Kershaw County Government to recruit, hire, train, and promote employees on the basis of qualifications and without discrimination because of race, religion, color, political affiliation, physical disability, national origin, sex, age, or familial status. Kershaw County Government is a Drug-Free Workplace.