Welcome to the County Administrator’s Office page. Victor Carpenter, the current administrator, was appointed in 2011. The Administrator’s Office is responsible for the day-to-day operation of Kershaw County government and is accountable for carrying out the policies, directives, and legislative actions of County Council. The Administrator is responsible for managing an annual budget that exceeds $40 million, which includes directing and coordinating operational and administrative activities for all operations of the government, with the exception of departments governed by elected officials and special districts, and creating and improving relationships with individuals and organizations in the public and private sectors. The Administrator also provides management, coordination and communication on state and local issues, and works with community agencies to promote and organize county government activities. The County Administrator is appointed by the County Council and is supported by an assistant administrator and the Clerk to Council.
Assistant Administrator – Danny Templar
- Assists with planning, organizing, directing, & managing the administrative functions & activities of the County
- Works directly with the County Administrator in support of various projects.
- Assists in the supervision of the daily operations of County government.
- Provides long range planning and policy direction in assigned areas
- Coordinates assigned functions with County Departments and outside agencies;
- Provides supervision, training, and work evaluations for assigned staff
- Conducts fact-finding studies, observes operations and determines changes needed to departmental policies or procedures.
Clerk to the Council – Merri Seigler
- Assists County Council members by performing a variety of secretarial and clerical duties; assists in budget preparations, makes travel arrangements
- Receives, reviews, prepares and/or submits a variety of documents such as Council agendas, minutes, public notices, resolutions, ordinances, memos, etc.
- Establishes and maintains an efficient filing system for minutes, correspondence, ordinances, resolutions, contracts, etc.
- Schedules use of the Council’s chambers and County Council conference rooms
|Carpenter, Victor "Vic"||County Administrator||Administration||(803) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dubose, Ken||County Attorney||Administration||(803) 432-1992|
|Seigler, Merri||Clerk to Council||Administration||(803) email@example.com|
|Templar, Danny||Assistant County Administrator||Administration||(803) 425-1501||Danny.Templar@kershaw.sc.gov|